Amber Joy tagged me earlier this week, and I just never responded. I've always been a little slow! You know, on a lot of these 4 blanks is more than I need...
Four jobs I have had:
1. A hostess at O'Charley's. The worst job ever - people are just not kind when they have to wait for food.
2. RA in Gardner Hall for 3 years - for some reason, I think freshmen are so delightful.
3. Summer youth intern at South MacArthur C of C ('04) and Belton C of C ('05). Great churches, godly people, lots of fun.
4. My current jobs: intern for Continent of Great Cities (team church planting in S. America, anyone?) and collating Greek manuscripts of the book of Acts (t-e-d-i-o-u-s, but I think I secretly like it.).
Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. Mickey Blue Eyes
2. Emperor's New Groove
3. Muppet movies
4. Much Ado About Nothing
Four books I could read over and over: (in no particular order)
1. Always We Begin Again by John McQuiston II.
2. The Bible by a deeply mysterious combination of God and so many faithful, often anonymous, people over thousands of years.
3. The first books of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series (but after about book 4 or 5 they start to get long and drawn out).
Four places I've lived:
1. St. Charles, MO (my birthplace).
2. Lawrenceville, GA (in metro Atlanta) - it'll always be home.
3. Abilene, Texas (increasingly homey, yet I hope to be leaving someday)
4. Nowhere else unless you count hoovering in Itu, Brazil and Morogoro, Tanzania for a couple of months each.
Four TV shows I watch (on the rare occasion that I watch tv)
1. the Golden Girls (thanks to Amy's influence)
2. Whose Line is It Anyway?
3. anything on the History Channel that's NOT about WW II.
4. ??? - I'd just rather listen to music and read a good book!!!
Four places I've been on vacation:
1. Nearly every vacation we took growing up had one destination: the great state of Texas. The rationale for that is best summed up by a plaque that has always adorned the walls of our home in MO and GA: "I left my heart in Texas." (Replace "heart" with "extended family" and you've got it.)
2. Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland. (Dad worked there most of my junior year of high school.)
3. Lafayette, Louisiana with Amy and Shellie (spring break '02) - hurray for gators, Spanish moss, Raisin' Cane's, tabasco sauce, Cajun dancing, and bad Blockbuster experiences.
4. A cruise with my best friends from high school when we graduated - Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman (where we visited Hell - I've got pictures!); and Jamaica.
Four websites I visit daily:
1. myACU, because I check e-mail compulsively.
2. Amber Joy's blog
3. Websudoku.com (Ashamed to admit it, but I'm totally addicted )
4. Well, not daily but here are some other blogs I check occasionally: Greg Kendall-Ball, dooce.com, DPS, Geoff Carroll, Katherine Gould, Mike Cope, Sean Landolt, Jared Cramer...
Four favorite foods: (it's hard to narrow it down that much!)
1. Apple pie - it's always been a favorite of mine.
2. Grilled cheese and tomato soup.
3. Spinach!!! (probably isn't on most people's top 4)
4. Grammy's cinnamon rolls
Four places I'd like to be right now:
1. Atlanta - lounging on the couch with Russ (my brother) or walking in my favorite park with Mom.
2. Austin, visiting my sister whose baby boy is due in about 6 weeks!!!
3. Ireland - the most beautiful place I've visited (but it's too cold this time of year)
4. Oh, anywhere I haven't been yet: New Zealand, the Greek Isles, Sudan, the Amazon basin, the Holy Land, India, Japan, PNG... I could go on forever.
Four bloggers I'm tagging: (how about 3?)
2. Katherine (it's about time you wrote something!)