16 May 2005

Kickin' things off...

I feel like I should jump start my blog with some deeply insightful thought. After all, beginnings are important, right? Unfortunately, nothing brilliant comes to mind at the moment, so I might as well get on with the ramblings that will most likely take over eventually anyway!

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a long time, mostly just as a creative outlet. I've always enjoyed writing, and there's something oddly satisfying about the tap tap tap of fingertips dancing across computer keys. (But maybe it's just me...) My primary reason for experimenting with a blog is that I think it will be a handy way for my loved ones to keep up with me. After my (long) higher education journey comes to a close, I hope to do mission work, and a blog might be a great way to share my daily experiences, especially ones I'd forget to share, with those back at home who support me.

Currently, I'm in the middle of a two week respite between school and a summer youth internship. Almost every time I have a decent-sized break from school, I head home to Georgia to spend a little time with my family. Right now I'm slapping away at the keyboard in my parents' kitchen - I tend to choose work spaces in the middle of all the action so I won't miss anything. Just a quirky tendency of mine (one of many!).

I'm glad to have a little transition time between my full-time student life and my summer faith adventure with the youth of Belton. It's helping me reorient myself and set my mind on Christ and the task before me. By the time my flight for DFW leaves on Saturday, I think I'll be ready to energetically tackle the summer. In the meantime, I'm doing a little fun reading, taking long walks in my favorite park, relishing the honey-suckle scented air of late spring, and otherwise recooperating from a strenuous semester. I'm excited to see where this summer will lead me.

No comments: